What Personal Information Does Rethink Gather About Customers?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at rethinkinc.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future services for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
- E-mail Communications
To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Rethink if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Automatic Information
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses rethinkinc.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at rethinkinc.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- Information from Other Sources
For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our affiliate or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
What Are Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide customized services.
- The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of rethinkinc.com’s coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Rethink Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only with the subsidiaries Rethink controls and as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control
We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses may operate stores at rethinkinc.com or sell offerings to you at rethinkinc.com. In other cases, we may operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when another business is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that business.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers
Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Rethink customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Rethink, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Rethink and Others
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Rethink, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
Rethink gives you access to the following information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
- Your Account
- Account Maintenance
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain RethinkTank features.
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own website, Site Seeing on the Internet.
If you are under 18, you may use rethinkinc.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit rethinkinc.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Connecticut. If you have any concern about privacy at rethinkinc.com, please send us a thorough description to TAC@RethinkTank.com, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Terms and Conditions will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes.
Copyright © Rethink, Inc.